Fuel pump repair kit for Disston DO-101 and DO-100

lbrander2001

Post by lbrander2001 »

If anyone needs a fuel pump repair kit for their Disston, model DO-101 and DO-100, chainsaw with an AC-Delco fuel pump you can use NAPA part number 7-08051. It's for a Kolher engine. but repairs the Disston fuel pump just fine.
I also repaired a fuel leak, at the impeller shaft, on the old fuel meter. I used 3( 1/16" thick by 1/4" inside diameter O rings. What I did was to put 2 O rings, on the shaft, between the impiller and the impeller seal in the cover. I put the 3rd O ring, on the impeller shaft, between the impeller and the brass bearing in the fuel meter housing and assembled the fuel meter. This causes the impeller, not to turn as free, but it sealed the leak between the impeller shaft and the old seal in the fuel meter cover. No more gas/oil mix leaking into the gearcase. I now have my saw assembled, painter and now am looking for engine decals to finish the restoration. Hope this helps, with some of the repair problems, on these old saws.

Lewis Brander, Jr.
Lewis Brander, Jr.
Christine42078

Post by Christine42078 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by lbrander2001</i>
<br /> I also repaired a fuel leak, at the impeller shaft, on the old fuel meter.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

:o) Well thats exactly what i thought.:lol::lol: