Grey or black hood

This catagory is to exchange information about Merc Sleds. Specifications, appearance, quirks. This is basically a catch all catagory.
S_Kyle

Grey or black hood

Post by S_Kyle »

I recently bought what I thought was a 74 mark 2 hurricane, 644 50hp. It has a black hood with red and white stripes up the hood, and a weird rear suspension. There is an old snowmobile ad on EBay now that shows a 74 mark 2 having a grey hood. Which is correct or would my sled be from a different year?

Scott
Mercury

Post by Mercury »

I have heard of a very limited edition MK II with a dark metallic grey paint scheme. Maybe a snow show piece or an award type of thing. I have never seen one. Is the hood grey on the inside or black

The only MK II's I have seen have been a black hood with white stripe and red highlights or pin stripes.

Bill
S_Kyle

Post by S_Kyle »

Mine is black on the inside with 2 white stripes with red pinstripes on the sides of the deals. I bought it for the shroud that goes around the motor, it is seized currently but I may try to get it going if I have time this summer. Like the rear suspension very unique, looks like it would be a good rider.

Scott