250 fuel line cant find how but this

This catagory is to exchange information about Merc Sleds. Specifications, appearance, quirks. This is basically a catch all catagory.
70 merc 250

250 fuel line cant find how but this

Post by 70 merc 250 »

I need that little 4-6in black rubber fuel hose that is right out of the bottom of the tank with the two brass ends on them. I have gone within a radius of about 50 miles from my home and cant find a person who would bend new brass ends like that. i want the sled as stock as possible. so ive been asking everyone also if i could go with a same size thread that is in that t at the bottom of the tank 1/4" or 5/16" and run that with a little nipple so i can put a regular clear fuel line from there all the way up to the fuel filter but no one i mean no one can get a fine thread that will work. the closest thing i have found is the peace i need just in a pipe thread on the end and im afraid that will leak bad. Does anyone know what im talking bout and if so can u help me find the stock piece with the fittings on the end or the little tit thing with teh female threads?
70 merc 250

Re: 250 fuel line cant find how but this

Post by 70 merc 250 »

Just put the fuel filter back together after I got a rebuild kit and it still is doin it. Please anyone what else can i do? I just ordered a carb rebuild kit this morning after the fuel pump didn't work. please help this new guy out as to what to look for next.