69' 250-What a machine !!!!!

This catagory is to exchange information about Merc Sleds. Specifications, appearance, quirks. This is basically a catch all catagory.
snowmax93

Post by snowmax93 »

Just got my first merc, and this guy keikhaufer, what a whiz he was. This machine was truly revolutionary! I'm in the process of teardown and discovery. First noticed most wire insulation is crumbling bad, am in process of drawing up a diagram but theres one mystery ground with the headlight switch wrap, where does this connect? Does anyone have a wiring schematic they could e-mail me? Am looking for a manual too if possible. Also side plug on #1 cyl. was off (side plug?) , probably from backfire, havent checked reeds yet.If anyone could correspond I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks p.s. got the clutch off yesterday, this thing was built !! Probably handle 100 h.p. !!
mercfrank

Post by mercfrank »

Craig your OUR SHOULD IT IS 69, There are 3 wiring diagrams mdoes your sled have elec. start,it would be listed as 250, 250E, 250ER.Let me know I can send wiring dagram. Frank
Let's ride.
Mercury

Post by Mercury »

Wiring diagram sent by moderator......

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by snowmax93</i>
<br />Just got my first merc, and this guy keikhaufer, what a whiz he was. This machine was truly revolutionary! I'm in the process of teardown and discovery. First noticed most wire insulation is crumbling bad, am in process of drawing up a diagram but theres one mystery ground with the headlight switch wrap, where does this connect? Does anyone have a wiring schematic they could e-mail me? Am looking for a manual too if possible. Also side plug on #1 cyl. was off (side plug?) , probably from backfire, havent checked reeds yet.If anyone could correspond I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks p.s. got the clutch off yesterday, this thing was built !! Probably handle 100 h.p. !!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
drmmr6622

Post by drmmr6622 »

hi i have this merc 250e and it has no spark i think i have traced it to the box mounted right at the front of the sled that is feeding the 2 coils is there any place that i could find this part.

thanks bryan.