Blown port caps !!!

This catagory is to exchange information about Merc Sleds. Specifications, appearance, quirks. This is basically a catch all catagory.
snowmax93

Post by snowmax93 »

Has anyone had this problem before. The access caps over the ports were popped off and ive got to remove cylinders to reinstall. Im thinkin that because this sled didnt see all that much use and hasnt been run in MANYyears, i figure someone was using the old EITHER trick
to start and she backfired. In the old days they kept a can under the seats !! were these motors problematic to this happening? I've reinstalled one allready with a slight film of rtv and then used a prick punch around the orifice to snug the plug a little.
Mercury

Post by Mercury »

Is this on the 250ER?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by snowmax93</i>
<br />Has anyone had this problem before. The access caps over the ports were popped off and ive got to remove cylinders to reinstall. Im thinkin that because this sled didnt see all that much use and hasnt been run in MANYyears, i figure someone was using the old EITHER trick
to start and she backfired. In the old days they kept a can under the seats !! were these motors problematic to this happening? I've reinstalled one allready with a slight film of rtv and then used a prick punch around the orifice to snug the plug a little.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
snowmax93

Post by snowmax93 »

Yes , the 69' 250 E. tHANKS