Light Circuitry

This catagory is to exchange information about Merc Sleds. Specifications, appearance, quirks. This is basically a catch all catagory.
Timmy

Post by Timmy »

I have a 71 250E. The lights are dim when run. Picked up a generic service manual with 3 diagrams for manual start, electric start, and reverse. All three have a note about an AC light regulator with yellow and blue connectors but the regulator is NOT on the schematic. I've found the regulator on the sled but it's disconnected. I'm reserved about connecting it to the control box straight up yellow to yellow, blue to blue. Any thoughts? Anybody with a wiring diagram that shows the mystery light regulator? I assumed the lights were DC and ran from the battery/rectifier. Are the lights AC?

Tim
snowmax93

Post by snowmax93 »

Check your wiring to diagram,make sure all grounds are good , and remember , these old machines dont put out mega watts and wont reach their output till higher rpm. Most of my oldies run dim at idle.Still I think your wiring needs attention.
mercfrank

Post by mercfrank »

Tim my book show if your headlights are dim you should check the tail lamp for ground problem or you haye a switch box going bad Frank
Let's ride.