1975 merc S/R any good?

This catagory is to exchange information about Merc Sleds. Specifications, appearance, quirks. This is basically a catch all catagory.
dave

Post by dave »

hey , im new to this forum and would like to know if the mercurys are a good sled such as the 1974-and up S/R 340 , i would likee to try a new brand of sleds and ive located a 75 340 S/R for a 100$ it is complete and it is a twin with a kohler in it i think ? any are they speedy and dependable , i know the walbro carbs were not very well liked and are there walbro repair kits available yet? maby if i get this sled i try and put a mikuni on some how is it possible? any help will help as i am new to mercury sleds, dave
dave

Post by dave »

Any one ?? i have been into snow machines for a while now ,just wanted some input if the mercury S/R 340 's are dependable and fast? is it worth 100 $? ,Dave
snowmax93

Post by snowmax93 »

Dave, give it hell. 100.00 is cheap in my estimation for any complete sled. Buy it , run it , enjoy it , maybe youll become a merc head.I own several brands and have a ball with them all. good luck!