New guy

This catagory is to exchange information about Merc Sleds. Specifications, appearance, quirks. This is basically a catch all catagory.
snotwister

Post by snotwister »

:) Hi just found this site and joined. I own a 1974 400D with the 1976 motor exchange 340cc. I also own a 1971 Rocket my very first Sled. Learned how to ride from that thing.
Our family back in the 70's were merc fans. My brother owns still a 1973 440 max and my father used to own a 1976 644 Hurricane. He was called freds towing service by all the club members as he regularly towed some broke sled home with that monster.
:DAl

I'm in my own little world. It's ok they know me there
snowmax93

Post by snowmax93 »

Welcome snotwister ! a "w" in there might give a few less chuckles !!
Sounds like youve got a healthy background in these mercs. We'll sure put any help you might have to good use . Im a new member myself and am tearing down a 69' 250e.
snotwister

Post by snotwister »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by snowmax93</i>
<br />Welcome snotwister ! a "w" in there might give a few less chuckles !!
Sounds like youve got a healthy background in these mercs. We'll sure put any help you might have to good use . Im a new member myself and am tearing down a 69' 250e.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

:oops:Really it should have been Sno Twister. I have a friend that had one of those 250e he used to skid cedar logs out of the swamp in the winter with. Said once that the sled paid for it self 5 times over in the first 2 years he owned it.
:DAl