1975 440s/r

This catagory is to exchange information about Merc Sleds. Specifications, appearance, quirks. This is basically a catch all catagory.
pearlm28

Post by pearlm28 »

hello, i recently purchased a 440s/r from a guy for a hundred dollars. it finally snowed here in southern pa and i got to ride it. the guy i bought it off of said the gas tank was filled, well now its low and i dont know what the fuel mixture is sopposed to be, can anyone help? also when i hit the throttle it hesitates could that be from bad gas or bad plugs this is the first time i owned or have ridin a snowmobile so any help would be great thanks
Mercury

Post by Mercury »

Mercury reccomended mixture 40 : 1

Could be alot of things but Always...Always...start with fresh gas!

[quote]<i>Originally posted by pearlm28</i>
<br />hello, i recently purchased a 440s/r from a guy for a hundred dollars. it finally snowed here in southern pa and i got to ride it. the guy i bought it off of said the gas tank was filled, well now its low and i dont know what the fuel mixture is sopposed to be, can anyone help? also when i hit the throttle it hesitates could that be from bad gas or bad plugs this is the first time i owned or have ridin a snowmobile so any help would be great thanks