Advice on sleds

This catagory is to exchange information about Merc Sleds. Specifications, appearance, quirks. This is basically a catch all catagory.
vrod

Post by vrod »

I am a newbie to this and need some advice. There are 3 Mercury sleds for sale with a few parts for Mercury snowmobiles and I was wondering what people have to say about these sleds and an opinion on prices.
71 Lighting- good shape and runs

74 Max 440 -looks great and just needs the points cleaned

75 Max - not the original motor - but sled in decent shape.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Doug
vrod

Post by vrod »

Can anyone give some info on these?
bearqst

Post by bearqst »

Their antiques :).. Great sleds to have if your into vintage riding, parts might be an issue.

Price depends on condition, not sure what the Max or Lightening would go for, but I don't think I'd give over a couple hundred for them max.

If you buy these, would be best if your into doing your own mechanical work on them.

What parts are available :?:
vrod

Post by vrod »

There is some parts but not alot - slide suspension, 3 hoods, alot of suspension parts also. I am going to wait and call the guy in a couple of weeks. If he doesn't have them, I guess it will be my loss. If he still has them I know he will make a deal for all of the sleds and parts.
Thanks,
Doug
I do like the looks of the Max 440 and would love to have one. I think they would be a great addition to my little collection.
Mercury

Post by Mercury »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by vrod</i>
<br />I am a newbie to this and need some advice. There are 3 Mercury sleds for sale with a few parts for Mercury snowmobiles and I was wondering what people have to say about these sleds and an opinion on prices.
71 Lighting- good shape and runs

74 Max 440 -looks great and just needs the points cleaned

75 Max - not the original motor - but sled in decent shape.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Doug
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Rod,

I have a ton of NOS parts for all the black Mercury Machines. Over 3200 different part numbers in stock.

Email a specific list and I will see if I can help you out.

Bill