trail twister track replacement

This catagory is to exchange information about Merc Sleds. Specifications, appearance, quirks. This is basically a catch all catagory.
merc-eric

Post by merc-eric »

wondering what people use to replace the tracks on trail twisters. what the most lug you can get, and what do people do for studs, if anything. dont PLAN or racing it, but I might. just looking for thoughts and opinions! thanks, Eric
snow, natures original "white gold"
merc-eric

Post by merc-eric »

anyone have ANY ideas? whats the length anyways?
snow, natures original "white gold"
Mercury

Post by Mercury »

Eric,

There are stil some Merc OEM Yokohama rubber tracks around. It is a complete bolt up application.

The supply is running out so prices are going up.

This is your best bet. I hav e 1 NOS one left

Bill
John B.

Post by John B. »

Tracks are 2.52 x 46 116" same as some of the late 70s early 80s Yamahas used. They are available through aftermarket suppliers.
Mercury

Post by Mercury »

They use to be available through the wholesale aftermarket until the supply dried up 2 years ago. Now it is dealer stock only.

Not sure what OEM Yamaha track fits. If you know the specific model and have direct experience with installing it please post the info here.
John B.

Post by John B. »

Sorry guys, I should have done some rechecking before posting. I purchased a 75 SnoTwister about 4 yrs ago and the owner had replaced the track and suspension with units from one of the early Phazers, 84-89. My understanding was that it was the same size track and it looks normal on the sled. I also saw a 75 with a 2/3 cleated track from an Arctic Cat installed. It was the same 2.52" x 46 windows. I got it in my head that the Merc tracks where the same dimensions but checked today and the Merc is 2.52" x 44 windows, so the suspension would have to be relocated towards the rear. It can be done if Merc tracks are no longer available.