74 SnoTwister

This catagory is to exchange information about Merc Sleds. Specifications, appearance, quirks. This is basically a catch all catagory.
John B.

Post by John B. »

Did the 74 SnoTwister not have a serial number stamped anywhere? I just picked one up and it has no stamping on the tunnel, no tag, nothing. He forgot to give me the ownership but the serial number he gave me in an email was the one from the engine. This was a race-sled so probably had manufacturers decal on rear of tunnel that wore off long ago.
Mercury

Post by Mercury »

Original tunnels had the serial number stamped on the tunnel at the right front directly under the fuel tank.

Replacement (spare parts) tunnels were not stamped.

Bill

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by John B.</i>
<br />Did the 74 SnoTwister not have a serial number stamped anywhere? I just picked one up and it has no stamping on the tunnel, no tag, nothing. He forgot to give me the ownership but the serial number he gave me in an email was the one from the engine. This was a race-sled so probably had manufacturers decal on rear of tunnel that wore off long ago.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
John B.

Post by John B. »

Thanks Bill. That was the only reason I could think of for not having a VIN.