71 lighting wiring diagram

This catagory is to exchange information about Merc Sleds. Specifications, appearance, quirks. This is basically a catch all catagory.
GT47supra

Post by GT47supra »

Hey guys..need some help...im building a go kart for my lil bro, and im using a 71 lighting CCW 398cc engine, i rebuilt the whole thing, had my friend CNC parts and all. Its all cleaned up and looks new. However the wiring harness was a mess pretty much nothing there...so i didnt know if anyone had a diagram or at least tell me where to connect the 5 wires coming from the magneto?? its a electric start btw...thanks josh
Mercury

Post by Mercury »

Josh,

Through the board email me your direct email and I will send you a pdf of the wiring diagram. I can not attach files using the board email.

Bill
GT47supra

Post by GT47supra »

email sent:)
Mercury

Post by Mercury »

Website email is still down.

I will email you my direct email

Bill
GT47supra

Post by GT47supra »

yeah, i sent an email about a week and half ago asking if you had a carb rebuild kit as well as a wiring diagram for the 398, but i just got a "message return" message or somthing like it didnt go through......i want to get this thing wired up so i know if it runs or if i need new ignition parts, carb rebuild, etc... thanks again - josh