Govenor on a sno-scoot

Post all Technical Questions and answers on Scoots and Sports here
byron41

Govenor on a sno-scoot

Post by byron41 »

Looking to disengage the govenor on an 80cc sno-scoot is this possible or does it even have one? My son wants a little more speed and it now governs out at about 1/2 throttle?
Looking to disengage govenor on a 80cc snoscoot, is this possible?
jhje

Scoot Governor

Post by jhje »

The Scoot does not have governor. What do you mean it governs out at half throttle? How fast does scoot go now? 30-35mph, is about top speed. To get it to go faster, reeds will help a little (from my experience) only 1-3 mph. If the primary clutch (engine) has not been cleaned in awhile, cleaning will help top end. There are six round rollers that need to slide up and down on ramps. The tend to get flat spots on them. This clutch should be cleaned and if flat spots on rollers, replace them. They are available from Yammy dealer. The rubber on these clutches breaks up and gets in cluthces. The rollers are supposed to be greased after cleaning, but if rubber is ripped, cracked I would not grease them, just put them in (cleaned) and dry. The whole clutch is available from Yammy for about $140, it will make a big difference. Also replace belt if worn, frayed etc. Unless you want to bore it out, port and polish, get a custom pipe made, you will not pick up that "wanted" extra 10 mph.