sno sport track conversion

Post all Technical Questions and answers on Scoots and Sports here
trevcbr

sno sport track conversion

Post by trevcbr »

i just put a sno scoot track on a sno sport all you have to d is cut 4" off of the end of the rails and re drill the holes for the track adjusters and put it back together its that simple any questions feel free to email me (email removed as per board rules)
couch

Re: sno sport track conversion

Post by couch »

Glad to hear that it fit .... someone is selling this idea on ebay i.e. shorter track to fit the sport .....
supersport

Post by supersport »

The guy on Ebay is salesman for an outfit in New Hampshire. He can still get brand new scoot tracks from Yamaha. I talked to him a while back when I was looking for a track for a sport, and he offered me a deal on a scoot track if I was willing to use my sport as a guinea pig for a track mod, which basically involves cutting the rails and drilling new holes to re-mount the skid frame. I didn't want to go shorter because I'm of the opinion that a smaller foot print would make the sport less capable in deeper snow, so I didn't take him up on his offer. It's nice to know you can still get new OEM tracks (albeit shorter) to fit the Snosport. But if I'm going to mod my sport, I'd rather long track it (like Couch has done) than shorten it up. Even so, I am curious to know how your Snosport runs in the deep stuff with your new track. Please let us know.
zachalyse

Post by zachalyse »

My Sport "was" the guinea pig. The result was only 4" shorter. Sled feels absolutely no different. Face it, these sleds pretty blow in powder anyways. I had a scoot that would go anywhere the sport would go. The only advantage on occasion was simply the HP. This conversion does not hurt the spot at all. Far more complicated and costly to make it longer imo.

Buy the way, my sport is for sale.