Snoscoot not starting - trying to get running for christmas

Post all Technical Questions and answers on Scoots and Sports here
macpat

Snoscoot not starting - trying to get running for christmas

Post by macpat »

I just completed a track replacement so everything was apart. I got everything back together yesterday and started the scoot. I took it for a little run to check the track tension, got back and needed to tighten the track a bit. I lifted the back and forgot to turn off the fuel. From this point on I could not start the sled again. I tried turning off the fuel, switching spark plugs and even drained the fuel tank to get ride of potentially old gas. I just does not seem to want to fire, but I do have spark.

Not sure what else to do. I am really hoping to figure it out before christmas day so the little one can get our riding. Any help would be appreciated!
jhje

Re: Snoscoot not starting - trying to get running for christ

Post by jhje »

It is probably a carb issue. I would pull carb off and remove and clean all jets and passages in carb. Might also be time to replace the spark plug. I'll suggest putting a small inline filter in before carb, for extra filtration. If you have any carb issues just post them.
macpat

Re: Snoscoot not starting - trying to get running for christ

Post by macpat »

I have never played around with a carb... not sure what I should clean out and what I should not touch for fear at would mess it up even more...