NEED HELP ASAP! carb issue?

Post all Technical Questions and answers on Scoots and Sports here
gunsnh

NEED HELP ASAP! carb issue?

Post by gunsnh »

My father in-law owns 4 Sno-Sports plus a couple of Sno-Scoots and all are having similar issues. On smooth snow they seem to run just fine but if you start to hit any bumps or jumps they start to clog and wont idle and lack power until the carbs are cleaned. All the machines are running inline fuel filters and 2 still have the factory filter in the tank also. Seems like we are always having to clean the carbs which is getting old fast when all we want to do is just want to ride with the family around the yard. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Also are this sleds picky on what 2 stroke oil you run?
jktaresco

Re: NEED HELP ASAP! carb issue?

Post by jktaresco »

Have you changed out the inline tank filters? They tend to fall apart as they get older. Could be sending debris into fuel pump or carb especially if agitated by jumps.
jhje

Re: NEED HELP ASAP! carb issue?

Post by jhje »

On the oil I can't say. For the amount they use I have always use Yamalube. On carb, I run a filter before the fuel pump also. I can get aftermarket fuel pumps fairly reasonable. Yamaha's fuel pump, you cannot get new gaskets. Usually if you take them apart the gasket tend to shrink. Does sound like dirt floating around and working its way into carb.