Scoot won't start

Post all Technical Questions and answers on Scoots and Sports here
macpat

Scoot won't start

Post by macpat »

Cleaned and re-built the carb. Put everything back together and the scoot start first kick, ran good with the starter on but as soon as I put it down it started to to die. Before I could make any adjustments it died. Now I cannot start it any more.

Can any body offer me some suggestions on what I should do? THANKS!!!
jhje

Re: Scoot won't start

Post by jhje »

Is it a 1988 scoot? These carbs are different than the 1989's and 90's. They are harder to clean. I'd suggest drain fuel and clean carb one more time.
macpat

Post by macpat »

Alright got it started after cleaning the carb again and was able to adjust it.

Now the problem I have is that I cannot start the scoot unless I take the plug out, spray a bit of gas in the cylinder and then start it. When I do this it starts first kick everytime... any suggestion on what to do next?
jhje

Post by jhje »

Either there is dirt in choke/enricher passage in carb or plunger/cable need to be adjusted. Assuming carb clean, then the cable needs to be adjusted. FYI, on my kick starts the kids had hard time starting them, so I put primers on them. Some of the kick start don't pull enough vac for proper fuel pump operation when starting. The electric start one seem to be able to pull enough vacuum. With the one or two pushes on primer and they start right up. If you want to put primer on e me back I can send pics and have the brass nipples to press in carb. You will need to pull carb off again. Yes, you will have to drill hole on carb for jet to be pressed in. DO NOT use the vent tube that is there already. Bottom line put a primer on and you don't need to worry about choke again.
macpat

Post by macpat »

pm'd you.