Handle Bar Warmers???

Post all Technical Questions and answers on Scoots and Sports here
Speed Demon

Post by Speed Demon »

I recently purchased a Sno Scoot for my son. I would like to install handle bar warmers for him, but was wondering if the Scoot generates enough juice to run the warmers without affecting the lighting. Does anyone know or have installed bar warmers on a Scoot? If so, where did you wire them into? Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
jhje

Post by jhje »

Yes, Sno Scoots can handle hot grips. Take cover off, and you can see a two wire (white plastic) plug (1 wire green the other blue) connector. This is about dead center of wiring on sled. This may be in a black rubber tube. Splice into the blue wire. To check this, start scoot and check for power there. Also with the resister, wherever you mount it, put a piece of rubber hose or something between it and the frame, or it will crack. I just take a 3/4" hose slit in long way and tie wrap it to a spot on the frame, then just ties wrap resister on the hose.
Speed Demon

Post by Speed Demon »

Thanks for the advice. I will give it a try.
raymond

Post by raymond »

What type of hot grips work for the scoot and where do you get them?
jhje

Post by jhje »

I'd put on brand name 'Hot Grips", 7/8" handle bar size, they come in many different colors. Should be able to get from (any) snowmobile dealer of aftermarket store. They usually go on pretty snug, I would not use any epoxy to hold them on. They should have a place for a rivet through the grip. I alway put them on with rivets. Also use aluminum, not steel rivets.
DaveyBoy

Post by DaveyBoy »

Raymond hot grips is the name of the grips and company u can get them at shadetree parts dennis kirk ebay etc :)