Sno Scoot trouble shooting

Post all Technical Questions and answers on Scoots and Sports here
Mallard

Post by Mallard »

Any thoughts on why my sno scoot will start and run for about 50 feet and then suddenly just die, but if left for awhile it will restart and run for another 50 feet. It's acting as if it's not getting fuel, but I have cleaned the carb and changed the fuel filter. What symptoms would I encounter if it is the fuel pump? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!
TedH

Post by TedH »

I've had this happen. It sounds like you are sucking up crud from the tank. Try blowing air throuth the little vent hose on the carb back into the tank. It worked for me numerous time.
jhje

Post by jhje »

Will the scoot run with enrich cable up(on)? If it does, the carb may still be dirty, one small piece of dirt can make this happen. But this also "indicates" that the fuel pump is working or at least some what functional. Take out all three jets, and make sure you can see light through their openings, spray carb clean in passages with jets removed and make sure it sprays out (through the passsage). Also the black plug that goes in one the holes of the carb...make sure it is in the correct hole. Some scoots had added on filter by fuel shut off, make sure the filter in tank has also been checked. Check the vaccuum lines that run to fuel pump, check for hardness and cracks, replace if in doubt of condition.
Mallard

Post by Mallard »

Thanks Guys!! You were pretty much right on. I got them working this past weekend - I took the carb out and blew them out with a air compressor and it is now running awesome!!! There must have been a small piece of grit in the jet. Thanks for the advice - it is much appreciated!! Happy New Year!!!