sno scoot will run with pilot jet screwed in

Post all Technical Questions and answers on Scoots and Sports here
bets

Post by bets »

does anyone know why this happens,i have 4 scoots and they all die if the pilot jet is screwed in all the way but this one scoot makes no difference,it also is hard to start when it sits for 5 minutes after running,you have to crank it over with full throttle to fire it seems like its flooding.I have replaced the needle/seat ,carb is clean and float height is correct.I am an experienced mechanic but this one baffles me,please help thanks.Steve
Mike Ziegler

Post by Mike Ziegler »

I had the same issue when I bought a used scoot. Had to take the carb apart twice and blow out all passages. These carbs seem to have a very low tollerance for grit. The choke cable is another finicky item to adjust or the carb will always run rich.
Mallard

Post by Mallard »

I have one that has been finicky as well. I took out 3 of the jets cleaned and blew out with air compressor and it still wouldn't stay started. Plug was getting wet with a couple kicks. I switched carbs from my other scoot and the one that wasn't starting, worked great on the other sled, so I started to adjust the choke cable. Finally, it seems to allow it to start with one kick - still need to get it out and run it for awhile before I get my confidence back. the choke adjustment is close to all the way down (not many threads showing). I would suggest adjusting the choke cable and drying your plug in between attempts at starting. Hope this helps!