1988 Sno Scoot Won't Idle When Warmed Up

Post all Technical Questions and answers on Scoots and Sports here
mtjuby

Post by mtjuby »

I've got an 88 sno scoot that has been resurrected, but I have a problem that I can't seem to figure out. When I start the machine the high idle works great when cold, as the machine warms up, the idle drops, when the machine is completely warmed up (after about 15-20 mins riding) it will not idle. If I increase the idle, it's too high when cold and the machine will travel by itself...but the low speed idle works.... I don't have the manual to try and troubleshoot...
Any help would be appreciated!
bets

Post by bets »

sno scoots are famous for having very poor carbs. even from the factory,make sure the carb is cleaned properly,all jets clean,1/8 inch freeplay in choke setting,7/8 turn out on pilot jet.Its just a matter of picking a happy medium no two scoots run the same.
jhje

Post by jhje »

I would take off the carb and clean it. It sounds like the main nozzel may be dirt. There are three jets in carb that need to be cleaned. Take off float bowl and they are all there, one is under rubber plug. Make sure you use a very good screwdriver for the (center) main nozzel or you may round off the brass slot. Make sure it is not to wide that it hits the threads (i.d.) of threaded hole. Take out main jet before removing main nozzel. Spray carb clean through carb to make sure passages are open.