Looking for a seat or seat cover and a front spring for Sno

Yamaha Scoot and Sport parts you have for sale or parts you are looking for. No commercial posts.
PolarisPaul

Looking for a seat or seat cover and a front spring for Sno

Post by PolarisPaul »

I am new to this forum and I am looking for some parts:
I recently purchased a Sno Scoot and it has a slight list to one side. As I look at it, it looks like I need the front spring that goes from one ski to the other ski (kind of like a "leaf" spring). I haven't actually taken it apart, but I looked at it pretty closely. Any differences in opinion?

It also has several rips in the seat so I am looking for a new seat or seat cover. I have found a new one from Yamaha, but it was $168, and I'm not feeling good about that price. I have also seen aftermarket ones, but I'd like it to say Yamaha on it. Any other suggestions?

Also, it looks like there were storage covers listed on this site at one time but they sold out. Any ideas?

I am located in MN.
Thanks,
Paul
jhje

Post by jhje »

Is Scoot really leaning or is the track cover hanging down on one side? If front spring bad....they usually break in two pieces. If cover is hanging, the rivets are probably broke and or missing. You can put new 3/16" aluminum rivets in fairly easy. You may need to drill out old rivet in frame. Tip Scoot on side and and you can get in to drill and rerivet as needed. The cover, if you want inexpensive, the Yammy Phazer (pogo stick) style will work or buy universal fits all for around $30-$50. Seat cover......I believe Bullhead has them.
PolarisPaul

Leaning

Post by PolarisPaul »

Actually when you look at it from the front it is leaning to the right. The spring looks like it is bent, weird. I am going to have to take it apart to tell for sure.

Thanks for the info on the cover, and I will look up Bullhead for the seat cover.
Paul
Bullhead

Post by Bullhead »

With all the adult riding time these little machines endure, the leaf spring will go flat on one side where it looks bent or in fact, flat or straightened, and there is little to no suspension travel left in it. I've had three machines in like this and it cannot be repaired, only replaced.
PolarisPaul

Still Looking for the Front Spring.

Post by PolarisPaul »

I have received several leads on the front leaf spring, but none of them have panned out. Any help locating one would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Paul
Paul
Bullhead

Post by Bullhead »

Still looking? I should have one on avail this weekend. Let me know!
PolarisPaul

Yes I am still looking for the leafspring.

Post by PolarisPaul »

I found a brand new Yamaha seat cover on ebay for $50, but I haven't rec'd it yet. But I am still looking for the leafspring. Please email me

Thanks!!
Paul
emacauto

scoot spring

Post by emacauto »

paul if you have the means to get a little crafty you can ditch the spring a make a set up like the sport, two rear spring/shocks off a little hond ct 70 fit just like a sport, cut off spring plate on lower controll arms, drill 3/8 hole throug middle for lower shock bolt & weld two tabs up top for mount ,wahla sport font suspention on scoot, i did it ,works mint, 13 in. just like sport, toe out skis a bit from taller ride height & better ski pressure under throttle, maybe pics someday. eddie mac
PolarisPaul

That sounds interesting.

Post by PolarisPaul »

Emacauto-If you could post or email me some pictures, that would help me understand it a little better.

I am still hoping to just get a new/different spring, but in the event I can't
I would entertain making this modification.
Please post pictures here, or email me

Thanks.
Paul
DaveyBoy

Post by DaveyBoy »

Paul i have a spring company that an make you that spring new i wil check on price and let ya know i cant find the one i had lying around if i could i would get it done and sell it to ya
PolarisPaul

Spring

Post by PolarisPaul »

Please let me know what you find out.
Thanks,
Paul
Paul
emacauto

scoot front spring mod

Post by emacauto »

just wanted to let you few fellas inquiring about pics & better desc. on my scoot front spring/shock mod im working on putting it together for you. im not quite sure how to get pics posted here so while im getting pics together any help bout how to post would be cool. thanks eddie mac
PolarisPaul

Still Looking for the Front Spring.

Post by PolarisPaul »

I want to let everyone know I am still looking for the front leaf spring fo the Sno Scoot.

Thanks
Paul
DaveyBoy

Post by DaveyBoy »

DaveyBoy wrote:Paul i have a spring company that an make you that spring new i wil check on price and let ya know i cant find the one i had lying around if i could i would get it done and sell it to ya
jhje

scoot spring

Post by jhje »

PolarisPaul check you personal messages. Thanks.