LOOKING FOR SNO SPORT CARB

Yamaha Scoot and Sport parts you have for sale or parts you are looking for. No commercial posts.
peekie

LOOKING FOR SNO SPORT CARB

Post by peekie »

Looking for a carb for a sno sport Thanks
YamaScoot

Post by YamaScoot »

I have a used carb off a Sno Scoot. Just replaced the main nozzle and choke plunger. Let me know if this will work (ie. compatible with the Sport) and you're interested.
emacauto

sport carb

Post by emacauto »

do you know the difference between sport & scoot carb ? my scoot has a carb that has a hose nipple at inlet base & the idle screw dont reach the linkage .its not same as my other scoot carb ,looks basically the same but slight differences are noticeable thought maybe it was a sport carb?
DaveyBoy

Post by DaveyBoy »

eddie bring it up and i will match it against my sport carb
YamaScoot

Post by YamaScoot »

Without actually going through the parts schematics line by line, I wouldn't know the differences either. When I did view the part schematics for both machines, there were some parts that were used interchangeably (ie. needle valve assembly, float, etc) but then there were other parts that were totally different; most likely due to the engine size differences. These included the main nozzle, main and pilot jets, and even the pilot adjusting screw. Although the throttle body does appear to be the same or very close to being the same, the internal parts are definitely different.
peekie

sno sport carb

Post by peekie »

let me know i could use one. Thanks
emacauto

carb

Post by emacauto »

i figured out what was wrong the electric switch at bottom of idle screw is missing thats why idle screw dont work,dont know why small port at base of carb where carb fits into rubber boot @ engine is open ,seen another scoot and this port has short rubber line pointing down but open to suck air, anybody know why there is an open port behind throttle plate, wont that make it lean, does it need to be open or pluged? is it a vacume differential ? dont make sense to me. dont know wether to plug or leave open? any suggestions? thanks eddie mac