carb & choke cable 88 scoot

Yamaha Scoot and Sport parts you have for sale or parts you are looking for. No commercial posts.
smokie

carb & choke cable 88 scoot

Post by smokie »

choke cable broke & need new or rebuilt carb
jhje

Post by jhje »

Smokie, if the enricher (choke) plunger will close off hole, you can see into carb hole with flashlight with carb off and on bench and tell, you can still use carb. When I pull carb off, I pull it off with cable still attached to carb, just take off plastic nut by cowl. Then I lightly clamp in soft jaw vice. This way you can tell if plunger is working properly. Back to carb with bad cable, you do not need enricher cable operating to run Scoot. Just make sure brass plunger does close off hole. What you do now is put a primer on Scoot. I mount mine by plastic cowl by drilling 1/2" hole. Then T into fuel line and run fuel line to carb. You will have to drill a small hole for a brass fitting in the intake side of carb (throat away from engine side). When drilling this hole, take carb OFF of Scoot and do while carb is in vice. Send me a e mail message and I can send you several pics of completed Scoot with primer installed. I even have the brass fittings ( I will sell anyone) if you cannot get one. I started putting primers on Scoots were the cables were broke or froze up. Usually with two primes they start right up and a lot easier better than with enricher.