Sno Scoot axle / drive shafts for sale BRAND NEW

Yamaha Scoot and Sport parts you have for sale or parts you are looking for. No commercial posts.
droppeddime

Sno Scoot axle / drive shafts for sale BRAND NEW

Post by droppeddime »

I now have available (via my brother who is a mechanical engineer as well as a licensed tool and die maker AND a licensed machinist)brand new freshly machined SnoScoot axle/driveshafts. This is a direct replacement for OEM Yamaha part # 85G-47511-00-00.

This axle will fit all model years 1988-1990. This came out of a request I made to him when the splines stripped on the axle of my son's scoot which most of your are familiar with on here. He reverse engineered the original axle and produced one for me. As he became aware this was a common problem on scoots he made a limited production run of 10. Many of you have likely seen the hydraulic disc brake mod bracket he has made and sells as well for the scoot

This axle is designed to transfer all of the original components from your worn out axle onto this one provided they are in good working order. This axle is machined from 1045 CRS medium carbon steel which is equivalent to the original and treated with a corrosion resistant polymer based coating. The drive splines are precision cut on a 4-axis CNC vertical machining center. Every axle is machined to tight tolerance and tested for spline fitment, bearing fitment and thread accuracy to ensure high quality standards. The square shaft machined tolerances allow for the plastic drive cogs to be reused as well by allowing a tight press fit onto the new axle. 100% fully tested on a SnoScoot.

The original axles were prone to failure due to a condition known as ‘corrosion fretting’ which occurred between the transmission drive gear and the axle splines. The corrosion grit and dust continued to grind away at the splines. This occurred due to the fact that grease was not applied before fitment during the factory manufacturing process. This condition gradually gets worse until the splines start to slip and become completely stripped preventing the track from turning altogether.

These axles are obsolete from Yamaha and there are no known aftermarket replacements until now.

NOTE: THIS IS A LIMITED PRODUCTION RUN. WHEN THEY ARE GONE THEY ARE GONE.

175 direct from here or 195 on ebay due to ebay taking their cut.

The drive gear, brake rotor, and other parts are not included.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Free shipping to Canada and the US.

Shipping to other countries available provided the buyer pays shipping.

Contact leafstodd@yahoo.com or me on here
Attachments
shaft 3.jpg
shaft 3.jpg (247.97 KiB) Viewed 10280 times
shaft2.jpg
shaft2.jpg (241.17 KiB) Viewed 10280 times
shaft1.jpg
shaft1.jpg (246.58 KiB) Viewed 10280 times