1976 Mercury T/T 340

This area of the Forum is for Mercury Snowmobile Sales only. Allowed are the sales of complete machines or parts machines. SALES OF INDIVIDUAL PARTS...NEW OR USED...ARE NOT ALLOWED. Note: There is no parts sales catagory.
Twister_Crane

Post by Twister_Crane »

Hey everyone, I'm new here and just had a question about a merc T/T I was interested in buying.
I am looking at a 1976 Merc 340 T/T, there are no cracks in the plastic belly pan, or the cab, skis, tunnel and suspension are in very good shape, the motor has good compression but weak fire, the track is basically new (rubber tits still on track). The only problems with the sled is that the seat is missing and the windshield is cracked.
<b>Does this sled appear to be worth $400?</b>
<b>Also, what would a 1974 400 S/T in a bit rougher condition be worth? Are there any replacement parts still available for these sleds?</b>
I really like the styles of the merc's and was wanting to pick up this sled soon if it appears to be worth it.
jmurch

Hey fellow Canuck.

Post by jmurch »

I assume you've got your answers by now. I'm 46 and wanted a twister since I was a kid so I just found one in Moncton, N.B. Where are you located? Image Enterprises (google it) has seats etc. I'd pay 400.00 easy,,, I have no fire in the 75 sno twister I bought but am operating on it. Regards, Jeff