1988 sno scoot

01and02srx

Post by 01and02srx »

I have a 1988 sno scoot I just got for my daughter I was wondering if anyone can help me out? It starts really easy and is real crisp and responsive for about a split second but soon becomes rich, loaded up with no power and blows oil and gas out the pipe. Carb settings, etc?:?:
02Edge700

Post by 02Edge700 »

Hi, sounds just like what my Scoot was doing. Runs and idles great, no power after a few minutes, gas spitting out of pipe. When I took the silencer off and punched it, it wheelied across the yard. Silencer was clogged. Take off the silencer and try that first. Maybe lean it out a bit. Good luck
Speed Demon

Post by Speed Demon »

You might want to try taking the carb off and dunking it in cleaner. I had the same problem when I bought my Scoot. An overnight soak in cleaner did the trick. Hope it works for you.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by 01and02srx</i>
<br />I have a 1988 sno scoot I just got for my daughter I was wondering if anyone can help me out? It starts really easy and is real crisp and responsive for about a split second but soon becomes rich, loaded up with no power and blows oil and gas out the pipe. Carb settings, etc?:?:
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">