Carburetor switch??

michaelvsons

Post by michaelvsons »

On the side of the snoscoot carb is an electrical switch (called a carburetor switch on the microfiche). It is a small black piece with wires. Do all scoots have this? Can anyone tell me what this switch is supposed to do??

Thanks
MIke V.
wisledder

Post by wisledder »

I believe it is to shut off the machine if the return spring on the throttle breaks. they can be a real problem. unplug it and join the connectors in the wiring harness back together to close the system. it is an un-necessary item. all of mine are unplugged and have been for a long time.
jhje

Post by jhje »

This carb switch, replaces the old tether switch. It will prevent the sled from starting if throttle is open, if your thumb is not pressing it. In other words, the sled can't be started and take then off by itself if throttle would "freeze" open. Yes, all Scoots came with this switch.
bets

Post by bets »

The switch on the carb is an ignition kill switch if the carb freezes up.Both of the switches have to work in unison if they dont the ignition will be killed,most scoots are disconnected but the wires from the electrical side have to be connected into each other to comnplete the circuit so the scoot will run,the carb side does not matter if it is connected into itself or not.