Just curious

Bullhead

Post by Bullhead »

1)How many scoots/sports are you personally aware of in existence?

2)How many do you personally own?

3)Do they run? If not, what problems do you have or parts needed?

4)Do you intend on keeping the machine?

5)Do you or kids actually trail ride on them?

Thanks everyone!
Mercury

Post by Mercury »

I own 3 running scoots and have 4 basket cases for parts.

Didn't take them out this year due to lack of snow.
DaveyBoy

Post by DaveyBoy »

I have 4 scoots 1 for parts I would sell mine but would need a Sno=sport 1st.My son does ride a scoot every chance he gets and i even ride 1 as my sled is 7hrs away at camp.I know of 20 and seen 40 or so on ebay.

Mercury where u from
Mercury

Post by Mercury »

I am from Central New Hampshire.

The kids loved the Scoots when they graduated up from the 2 Kitty Cats to a real machine.

First thing I put on all 3 of them was a kill tether.:?

This is a great intermediate sled for kids.

Bill
pietro

Post by pietro »

I've got 2 sno scoots and one sno sport. My son 7 is just starting to ride the scoot. I ride the sport. They are a blast!
Bullhead

Post by Bullhead »

Thanks for the replies and keep them coming. I am about to make your machines ( both scoots and sports) a whole lot more fun. Stay tuned.

Bullhead
jhje

Post by jhje »

I have four Scoots. Two black cover electric starts, and two red cover kick only start. All run and in excellent to good shape. Plan on selling one here soon as I get some pics taken. Older two kids want to ride Phazers instead of Scoot. Yes, we have taken them on the trails. Bullhead, I hope your track news is good, I just passed up a deal on a new OEM track.
Bullhead

Post by Bullhead »

For now, I can only say that yes, we do have at least one new track almost ready and it is worlds apart from the stocker. Stock track is 12 X 84 X 1/4 or 1/3 inch "ribs" or "bumps", with only about 15 inches on the snow.

One of our kits has a track which has approximately 25 inches on the snow and 1" deep lugs. Final track going into production will weigh about the same as the stocker, possibly even less. All hardware including rail extensions and tunnel extensions will be included as a complete kit. Much more in production as well. Full website coming soon.
dubnut

Post by dubnut »

I currently have 5 Scoots in the Seacoast NH area. 3 are complete and running, 1 needs a track, and 1 is complete & running, but in tough shape. ( needs track, skis, seat cover ) We have 35 acres, and these are great for running around through the back yard and woods. I have had 4 other Scoots that I've sold, and 3 Sports I wish I still had now!
michaelvsons

Post by michaelvsons »

We have two sons and each has their own scoot. One is a black electric start and the other is a blue kick starter. Both are in excellent shape but I am currently replacing the piston rings on the electric start due to low compression. I was also able to buy a new in box track from a local yamaha dealer who happened to have had one- just in case we should need one.
sledboy

Post by sledboy »

I ride them and so do my kids!
tuckerray

Re: Just curious

Post by tuckerray »

4 sports all in good to excellent shape ...$ kids each has their favorite and have been riding these for 3 years now graduated from the kitty kat to sports! no comparison.Will for sure keep them until the kids are done, but not sure if I will sell them after that or hang onto them for the grand kids...who knows? Can't wait to see what you come up with for a track kit!
TuckerRay / Sledman..."A man travels far in search of happiness, But he returns home to truly find it!"