No Fire, 1975 Sno Twister

jmurch

No Fire, 1975 Sno Twister

Post by jmurch »

I just bought this from a 3rd party. Has new CDI, stator, used timing ring. I've worked on lots of other ignitions and usually get a test light to light accordingly. This only lights on the blue wire from the stator. I don't have a manual so am somewhat lost. Not sure if I should get fire (test light) from any wires from timing ring or not. Also, the stator has two heavier gauge green wires and my wiring diagram only shows one. I did get resistance specs on line (and the wiring diagram), and all wires are well within specs. I still assume there's something in the magneto but not sure which wires should fire a test light. Any suggestions or solutions? Thanks, Jeff
SHewelt

Post by SHewelt »

It's your low-speed winding yellow wire should be 2.7K, probably much lower. Here is a link for the correct stator resistance values

http://www.hewtechelectronics.com/image ... WIRING.pdf
jmurch

A year later...

Post by jmurch »

The low speed/yellow wire has a resistance of 2.27K ohm. After looking a bit farther I noticed the wire colors were reversed to match the Image Enterprise CDI box. I left those but swapped my red and white with my blue and yellow. Lots of spark! Thanks