New T/T Owner

Mercman7

New T/T Owner

Post by Mercman7 »

Just picked up a '75 340 Trail Twister this week. It needs some work, but was told it ran up until 2 yrs ago when it was last run. Most of the work appears to be cosmetic (hopefully). This sled is being added to the (2) Merc 250's that I've recently restored and the Merc 200 that I will start working on probably next year. I'll probably be asking for help once I get into the T/T.
gman

welcome

Post by gman »

welcome to the site. I'm a new trailtwister 340 owner myself. haven't gotten into mine yet, still accruing a few parts. so far I've picked up a new recoil assembly and throttle cable for it. just need some time of my own to go through the carbs and put the pieces on. oh yeah still need a belt for it too.
Mercman7

Thanks

Post by Mercman7 »

From what I've been told, T/T parts are a little easier to come by than the older 250's, and I've been able to find most of the 250 parts I needed. I'm hoping the T/T will be an easier project. Besides the Merc's, I also have an Artic Cat ElTigre 400 torn aprt in my garage, and a SkiDoo Olympique 340 that's completely restored and runs great. I hope Wisconsin sees a lot of snow this year so I can use the sleds.