340 TT with a Comet Clutch

Stevie O

Post by Stevie O »

Whats happining is I must "feather" the throttle to get it up to higher RPMs. If I hit the throttle wide open in will "bog-down" till it smothes out. then it runs fine.

Question: Is this a carb problem or a Comet Clutch problem?

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks Steve. :D
grease monkey

Post by grease monkey »

hi, having same trouble, tried adjusting the mixture screws, with some success, was told to check the driven clutch, not the drive, (comet in your case), to see if it was draging or binding, which will pull the motor down if it sticks at a low speed point on driven... hope this helps!:)
Stevie O

Post by Stevie O »

Grease Monkey!
Hey Man Thanks!

Any help is GREAT! I work on newer Ski-Doo's and this is my first time with a "Classic" :D

Hopfully I get it running good! Anyone else have any thoughts?
SHewelt

Post by SHewelt »

What sled do you have that is bogging? I put a COMET 102C on my 340 Trail-Twister & it's a rocket! It's stock otherwise. Larger carbs will bog, like the Boa-Ski SS did with the Kohlers. 36mm is too large on a stock 340AS, but ideal for the 440AS. The driven clutch spring would have to be very loose to be a problem. What drive clutch is on it? If it's a liquid or F/A, then they do bog, unless you get the RPM up...tighter springs / lighter weights help out....Scott

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by grease monkey</i>
<br />hi, having same trouble, tried adjusting the mixture screws, with some success, was told to check the driven clutch, not the drive, (comet in your case), to see if it was draging or binding, which will pull the motor down if it sticks at a low speed point on driven... hope this helps!:)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">