mod sled

75sno-twister

Post by 75sno-twister »

I,m building a grass drag sled using a 340 f/a kohler out of a 75 sno-twister, and I was wandering if anybody could lend some info on how to get the most out of this motor. pipes, porting, clutching, carbs, how many rpm,s can I turn. I would like to get 10,000 rpm,s for 660' drags, is this possible? If so how do i accomplish this? Any helpful info would be greatly appreciated. My buddy is running a 338 gpx and I would like nothing better than to put the merc on top! Thank you. P.S. buddy has big mouth!
B Urschel

Post by B Urschel »

I raced a stock 340f/a sno-twister for a couple a years, and it went like hell! It was completely stock, clutching,carbs,pipes with can etc. Cat clutching seems to work good. If you run a about 5000 to 6000 engagement and i believe a 18 tooth top gear and stock bottom. We ran a cat secondery with i believe it was a 30degree helix(have to double check. That little gpx won't have a chance. I'll bet you'll run with 433gpx. I know for a fact that a 440trailtwister(fancooled) is faster than a 433gpx. And a 340freeair is about equal performance as a 440fan. Before I'd do any porting with the pots or the carbs, run it stock!