TT 340 bogs on take off.

fredro

Post by fredro »

Just got a 76' 340 TT and it ran rough, so I drained fuel and carbs. The fuel smelled horrible. Replaced plugs. It runs alot better, but on take off when I hit the gas full open it it starts to take off fast, then bogs for a second, then shoots like a rocket. Do the carbs need cleaned? Maybe carbs need sync? This wouldn't be a clutch problem would it? Or should I just clean carbs, and put a gasket kit on the whole motor.

New to the Twisters, thanx guys.
SHewelt

Post by SHewelt »

If it has the stock 32mm Mikuni's...there should be no bog. Get the idle up. What RPM does it idle & where does the clutch engage?

Could be a number of things...If carbs are stock, check if all jetting is stock. I can provide jet numbers if you need them. Float-level is also something to check, and if the needle/seats are good & not seeping fuel to raise the fuel-level in the bowl.

If it's been sitting, hope the crank seals are good...change them if suspect...cheap & not that tough, if you have the time...
440 MERC T T

Post by 440 MERC T T »

Are you trying this in warm weather? If so it might be running to rich (to much fuel) and this could be your problem. I definitely would clean the carbs making sure the pilot jets are clean. Make sure both thottle slides start to move at the same time and go all the way up at WOT. Is your drive belt good? Jeff
fredro

Post by fredro »

Throttle slides were off by a 1/4 of an inch, all good now!

Thanx Guys!!!!!:D