1970 250 parts needed !! HELP !!

edmeric

Post by edmeric »

I need some parts:
- two jugs.
- would like to find new pistons and or rings.
- top end gasket kit.
- tail light cover with emblem.
- Gas tank (in good condition, don't need the seat cusion)
- Carb rebuild kit. tillison carb # MD147A1.

Any help finding these parts is greatly appreciated.

I bought this old mercury a few weeks ago and just started tearing it down, removed the shrouds to find it PACKED a mouse nest and under that most of the cooling fins are either corroded away or just falling off. Other than that this thing is in pretty good shape. It does start up, I fired it up before i started tearing it down. Planning to restore this completely. I'm told I'm the 3rd owner, First guy bought it from work,(Brunswick in Muskegon, MI)used it for a few years and parked it in his garage, the 2nd guy bought it and stuck it outside covered for the last 5 years. Hoping this restore will be a success.
Mercury

Post by Mercury »

I have NOS Pistons with Rings.

Also Have NOS Tail light lenses with decal emblem.

Email or PM me if interested.

Bill

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by edmeric</i>
<br />I need some parts:
- two jugs.
- would like to find new pistons and or rings.
- top end gasket kit.
- tail light cover with emblem.
- Gas tank (in good condition, don't need the seat cusion)
- Carb rebuild kit. tillison carb # MD147A1.

Any help finding these parts is greatly appreciated.

I bought this old mercury a few weeks ago and just started tearing it down, removed the shrouds to find it PACKED a mouse nest and under that most of the cooling fins are either corroded away or just falling off. Other than that this thing is in pretty good shape. It does start up, I fired it up before i started tearing it down. Planning to restore this completely. I'm told I'm the 3rd owner, First guy bought it from work,(Brunswick in Muskegon, MI)used it for a few years and parked it in his garage, the 2nd guy bought it and stuck it outside covered for the last 5 years. Hoping this restore will be a success.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">