76 TT 440 nos/oem pistons

twist76

Post by twist76 »

Anyone still have OEM Kohler 440 fan pistons/rings ?

thanks, Jason...
fastwin

Post by fastwin »

i got a message from bill, i believe he is from this site and he says the oem pistons etc. are readily avaliable so are the aftermarket.
Mercury

Post by Mercury »

The OEM pistons for 75TT are different than the OEM pistons for 1976 TT. You didn't say which ones you are looking for. It would be referenced on the spec number on the tag. But with engine parts being switched around you can't even go by that anymore unless you have owned the sled since new.

I have 1 OEM 76 Red DOT NOS piston left. Other than that it is the Chinese cast pistons with what is billed as Kohler Rings. The Chinese pistons can fit in any year motot as the Tolerance is not as fine as the OEM Kohler pistons.

340 TT OEM NOS pistons are readily available. The free air stuff is not.

The 400FA OEM NOS pistons are available.

In Liquid on 250 stuff is available...340 and 440 LC stuff is the chinese stuff only.

I have OEM rings for all.

Bill
Inline Six

Post by Inline Six »

I have a 1975 440 F/A that is low on compression. Where can I get new pistons? ...probably have to go oversize...

Any other pistons work in this sled? someone told me they put TNT pistons in a 440F/A...would that work?
Mercury

Post by Mercury »

I do not know whether Ski-Dog TNT pistons would work...Scott H might know.

If you can't get OEM FA pistons you can get the Chinese repros...I would imagine that something made for the engine, even if it was a Chinese copy, would be better than "Ski-doo" pistons.

Bill