need track for 71 Lightning

sebagoman

Post by sebagoman »

I'm looking for a track for a 71 Mercury Lightning. Does anyone know where I can get one or is there a comparible track that will fit?

Mercury

Post by Mercury »

No other tracks directly crossover to the Rocket/Lightning/200 without heavy modification to the drive train and suspension.

I have 1 NOS Mercury OEM track left. Was saving it but I won't get around to installing it. It is for sale for $425 plus UPS ground shipping at cost.

Bill
sebagoman

Post by sebagoman »

Bill,

What is meant by NOS? I'm not familiar with that term. Are you located in Tilton, NH? I'm in Maine and would prefer to pick up the track. If I remember right, I purchased from you a front sprocket bearing for my Lightning some years ago. Are you still in the same location?

Thanks,
Philip
Mercury

Post by Mercury »

That would be me.

I am in the same location.

NOS is a Vintage vehicle term that means New Old Stock...which losely means that they were OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) or not an aftermarket copy or reproduction.

Let me know.

Bill
John B.

Post by John B. »

I just got off the phone with Bob at Image Enterprises. I ordered a NOS track for a 71 Lightning, $135.00 plus shipping. Can't go wrong.
Tele Man

Re: need track for 71 Lightning

Post by Tele Man »

I got a track from Bob, $135 was a no brainer, track looks old but it still has the nipples found on new tracks and tires...he doesn't have many parts listed, I'm going to call to see if he carries other merc parts.